fruux - free beer and new features
Well - not exactly free beer. We just wanted to catch your interest. And obviously it worked. ;-) Here is a brief summary of the topics we are currently working on. basic features:
- signup and modify your account via client application
- deploying additional sync servers (we thought about using google app engine, but currently gae is no final product and has no ssl support. anyway we have a working beta of the fruux server running on gae. if google starts production mode and adds ssl support: we are already prepared)
- addressbook group syncing
- webapplication (manage your contacts on the go)
- social features (described here)
maybe basic, maybe pro features:
- ical syncing
- preferences syncing
- safari bookmark syncing
- external sync plugins
- google contacts plugin (sync your contacts with your gmail / google apps contacts)
- google calendar plugin (sync your ical calendars with your google calendar
Although all of the above is work in progress, you wont see everything right in the next release! We'd rather like to hear what features you would like to see in the next version of fruux! What features are most important to you? Are there any additional features you'd like to see in the next version of fruux? We are looking forward for your comments, your posting on our fruux @ facebook page and/or your emails.
Maybe we should postpone our google contacts plugin? Apple added iPhone <-> Addressbook.app <-> google contact syncing with 10.5.3 (via: Google Mac Blog).