What the fruux?
We got a couple of mails from people asking us, what exactly fruux is about. I guess our marketing sucks. :-)
What is fruux about?
- syncing data (currently addressbooks) between multiple
What about the future?
- sync even more data (calendars, bookmarks, preferences)
- iPhone syncing
- adding social-syncing
- more details in our roadmap
Any demo video?
- Thanks to Joshua from MacGasm there is a nice screencast covering fruux. It's availiable at blip.tv. (The video shows an older version of fruux. If you watched the video and wonder what went wrong at about 1:20 - Address Book.app and the Apple SyncServices only update a record, if it is not currently opened. Joshua worked around by closing Address Book.app and syncing again. Just clicking on another contact and then back on the "demo contact" would have worked, too. The sync actually went fine, Address Book.app just didn't update itself with the new data, because the changed contact was currently opened. In "real live" you probably won't even recognize this behaviour of Address Book.app and Apples SyncServices, because you won't sit on both machines, have the same contact opened and wait for the change to appear) :-)
Is my data safe?
- fruux uses industry standard SSL encryption (like your bank does for your homebanking) and we will never ever give a third party access to your data!
Should I backup my addressbook before I start using fruux?
- You should even backup your addressbook when your are not using fruux! fruux is betasoftware. We store a quadrillion (not exactly) contacts and so far nothing went wrong, but there might always be some edge case (for example if you use any other third party sync app) where bad things could happen. So please backup your addressbook (Launch Address Book.app -> File -> Export -> Save Address Book Archive).