Calendar invitations have never been easier
Sending and receiving invitations for meetings, phone calls and all sorts of other events is a huge part of the everyday routine and that's why we're very happy that this daily task is going to be a lot better starting today. We're releasing a huge improvement for calendar invitations.
Calendar invitations have never been easier and more straight forward. We'll even deliver invitations and replies right in your calendar application (if both the sender and receiver are fruux users), so you won't have to deal with importing anything from your emails. This is a huge timesaver, especially for teams using fruux.
Here's what's new:
- Sending and accepting invitation on most major calendar clients and devices (including iOS).
- Delivery of invitations and responses right in your calendar application.
- Beautiful email invitation emails for attendees.
- Just as pretty notifications when your attendees reply.
If you are interested in the nitty-gritty details: This new feature is powered by CalDAV-Scheduling, also known as calendar-auto-schedule (RFC6638) and as usual, we're sharing all of this great technology via our open source project sabre/dav.
But wait, we're not done yet
We're not quite done yet improving our calendar invitations.
A few things we're working on:
- Richer email notifications with more data.
- Response status from other attendees right in the email notification.
- Ability to reply to an invitation right in the email notification.
We hope you'll like our new calendar invitation features as much as we do.